Turnov Synagogue dates back to 1719 and was built of stone in the yard amidst blocks of flats in the Jewish part of the town.

The Jewish synagogue from the early 18th century was the only synagogue in North Bohemia to survive the Nazi occupation. According to preserved written sources it is the third synagogue building in Turnov; the preceding two were wooden and burnt down in town fires.

The main hall of prayer is decorated by restored colourful arabesques from the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries. Memorial boards bearing the names of key figures of the local Jewish community are situated in the place of honour beside the altar. Unlike a church, the synagogue was not only a house of prayer, but was also used as the place of teaching the religious law and for the community's negotiations.