Trip to the Vojenské lesy forests

The route is suitable for cyclotourism.


Hvězdov is one of the partially desolated municipalities of Ralsko, where life is slowly returning after its destruction by the Soviet army. It is situated almost 3 km east of Mimoň along the Ploužnický brook. It is possible to find fragments of some original constructions. Hvězdovský pond, which was used for recreation in the past and is now a fish pond that does not serve for recreation, is part of the municipality. Popular among cyclotourists is the “Na Blízalce” restaurant, from which it is possible to comfortably ride into the Ralsko former military territory.


The town of Osečná is located on the southern side of the Ještěd mountain range and on the edge of the Ralsko Uplands, at an elevation of 379 m above sea level. Osečná was probably established by a member of the Vartenberk family in the first half of the 13th century on the trade route between the village of Český Dub and Děvín castle. The Church of St. Vitus, in which the family tomb of the Bieberstein clan and the Schleinitz family is located, was built here in 1565. Rudolf II., after Baron von Oppersdorf put in a word for the cause, promoted Osečná to a township. The villages of Lázně Kundratice, Druzcov, Kotel, Zábrdí and Chrastná belong to Osečná town. Lázně Kundratice is among the oldest spas in Bohemia, where peat is used as a natural healing resource. The Ploučnice river, whose source is north of the town at Jenišovský pond, runs through the town. The new cycle route was named after it.


The most significant sight in the Náhlov municipality is the Krajanské muzeum vystěhovalectví do Brazílie - Patriots Museum of Brazilian Emigration. The museum, set up in the former school, illustrates and explains the rather unknown history of emigration from the Czech lands to Brazil in the 19th century, mostly from the Liberec region.

Sochorův pomník memorial

The memorial on the crossroads below Stohánek, is dedicated to the memory of major general Antonín Sochor, a hero of the 2nd World War. He died in this place in 1950 in an unexplained car accident.

Dlouhý kámen rock

One of the largest and longest sandstone rocks, whose formidableness is best seen from the opposite hill, where the ruins of Stohánek castle can be found. Široký kámen rock resembles a table mountain thanks to its platform and is protected as a natural monument due to the presence of protected species of fauna and flora.

Židlovská obora game reserve

It is situated in part of the former Ralsko military territory, with a great number of freely roaming animals. It is possible to enter through several open gates furnished with grates to stop animals from escaping.


This protuberant rock with traces of a castle and hermitage was declared a nature monument in 1996. Most of the traces that have survived belong to the hermitage. The castle was established sometime between 1427 and 1431. The tale of bandits living in the castle in subsequent centuries can be considered as part of the legends; it was inhabited between the mid-15th and 18th century. The hermitage was established here in 1740. It was opened in 1773, than was demolished by authorities as it was unused. Stohánek is freely accessible. In the slightly calcic layers around the perimeter of the platform grow some, in this area rarer, plants – the bloody cranesbill, Carthusian pink, Festuca pallens, Trifolium alpestre, and the Carline thistle. From the top there is an exquisite view of Mácha's region, the Ralsko area, Široký kámen rock, Mt. Ještěd and mostly the Dlouhý kámen rock opposite, which has the same dimensions as the Titanic.