Church of St. Nicolas, Turnov

The oldest church in the historical centre of Turnov.

The originally Gothic-style church dates back to the 14th century. Damaged by a fire, it received a Renaissance-style design, which was then restored in the Baroque style in 1722. The interior of the church conceals stone tombs of the Vartemberk family. The 25-metre stone tower with a thick wall, formerly a part of the town's fortification, is especially impressive. The adjacent Baroque-style presbytery originated from a reconstruction of a former school in 1708.

Location: Jiráskova ul., Turnov

Turnov

Jiráskova ulice, Turnov, 511 01