The ruin of Nístějka Castle is situated on the rock above the valley of the Jizera River and the Farský Brook.

The original castle was neither large nor important. It was founded in the first half of the 14th century by the family of Valdštejn. In 1390, along with the village of Vysoké it was moved to the hands of the Vartemberk and later Jenštejn family. Around 1460, after a short period of being in the hands of King Jiří of Poděbrady, the castle was connected to Návarov. From 1519 the castle is mentioned as deserted, probably after a fire.

The castle is a pleasant destination for lovers of romantic and mysterious localities. During archaeological research, relics of an extraordinary large furnace were discovered – from which, by the way, the name of the castle was derived (in old Czech, the furnace mouth was called the nístěj). A part of the excavation findings is shown in the Krkonoše Museum in Vysoké nad Jizerou.

Locality: 4 km to the south from Jablonec nad Jizerou.