Bělá pod Bezdězem Chateau

The chateau in Bělá pod Bezdězem was built at the locality of a former fortress during the 1582 – 1615 period. It was rebuilt in the Baroque style at the end of the 17th century.

In the 19th century the chateau was used by the renowned higher school of forest industry where Dr. Emanuel Purkyně, son of J. E. Purkyně was a teacher. In 1941 museum collections from the nearby Augustinian monastery were placed in the chateau. At present, there is a museum with a permanent exposition of the history of the Bezděz region.

mailBela pod Bezdezem

Zámek 1, Bělá pod Bezdězem, 294 21

Phone:+420 313 034 288
GSM:+420 736 162 787